Click to Dynamic Korea HOME...
LINKS: ....Korean Stars Image gallery.
Stars Video Archives.
Photo Puzzles of Korean Stars.
Video Guide to Korea.
Beautiful Korean Autum Season Photos.
Traditional House & Architecture.
Gukbab is the final culinary result from the combination of mixing two pre-cooked dishes: cooked rice and cooked soup. It is a simple, but delicious meal made by adding steamed rice to the soup and then boiling it together for about 5 to 10 minutes. This is a meal that can be eaten as a quick breakfast or as a wonderful lunch on the run.
Cooked rice (appx. 4 servings), beef (300g), dried seaweed (1 sheet,appx 10cm), mushrooms (200g), white radish (200g), large green onion (1 stalk)
Soy sauce (5 Tbs), crushed red pepper (2 Tbs), chopped green onion (4 Tbs), chopped garlic (1 Tbs), sesame seeds (1 Tbs), sesame oil (1/2 Tbs), salt and black pepper.
- Cut the beef into small pieces.
- Clean the seaweed, and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the white radish into pieces of 3cm in size.
- Heat water in a large pot, and add the beef to the boiling water.
- Then add the seaweed and the white radish and keep the water to a boil.
- Remove the seaweed and the white radish. Let it cool, then slice into flat pieces. Drop the mushrooms in a separate pot of boiling water, then remove quickly. Wash the mushrooms, and be sure to squeeze all excess water out of them and then shred them.
- Cut the large stalk of green onion into diagonal pieces.
- Mix the white radish, seaweed, mushrooms, chopped garlic and diagonal green onion pieces, salt and pepper, sesame seeds, and sesame oil together.
- Finely chop some green onion and garlic.
- Mix the soy sauce, chopped green and chopped garlic, crushed red pepper, sesame seeds, pepper, sesame oil to make the sauce.
- Once the soup in #4 of this list has boiled for some time, add the ingredients from #8 on this list to the soup, and add salt for taste.
- In a pot, scoop some cooked rice and then add the broth from #11 on this list and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then it's ready to eat. Serve the soup with sauce that you prepared in #10 on the side.